Call-in Day for People’s Bailout Bill – Thursday, February 12 – but any day will do!
WHAT TO SAY:
Support the People’s Bailout Bill. In this horrible recession, it’s time to back legislation that focuses on the job, income and housing needs for the people of Minnesota.
In the House, the bill number is House File 626
In the Senate, the bill number is Senate File 542
SIX KEY CALLS
1. Call your Representative
2. Call your Senator
If you don’t know who they are: For your Representative, CALL 651-296-2146, For your Senator, CALL 651-296-0504 Or go to leg.state.mn.us/leg/Districtfinder.asp
Call House Leadership
3. Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher: 651-296-0171 – Tell her sign the bill, too!
4. Majority Leader Tony Sertich: 651-296-0172 – Tell him sign the bill, too!
Call Senate Leadership
5. Majority Leader Larry Pogemiller: (651) 296-7809
6. Assistant Majority Leader Taryl Clark: (651) 296-6455
MORE INFO ON THE BILL:
Jobs or income now
– Extend and expand eligibility for unemployment benefits
– Create a public works program to put people to work now
– Put a moratorium on 5 year limit for public assistance
– No layoffs for state or UM workers
Housing is a Right
– Moratorium on home foreclosures
– Moratorium on evictions of renters from foreclosed buildings.
The Welfare Rights Committee is part of Minnesota Coalition for a People’s Bailout. To get involved in the Minnesota Coalition for a People’s BailoutCoalition: